Re: exim problem
- To: Debian <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: exim problem
- From: John Pearson <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2000 10:33:25 +1030
- Message-id: <20000106103325.A5326@huiac.localnet>
- Mail-followup-to: Debian <email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>; from email@example.com on Wed, Jan 05, 2000 at 11:29:33AM -0800
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Wed, Jan 05, 2000 at 11:29:33AM -0800, Mark Symonds wrote
> I have 118 msgs sitting in /var/spool/exim/input That are frozen, all with
> the same error:
> 1999-11-17 17:10:18 user@DOMAIN.NAME: lookuphost router deferred:
> lowest numbered MX record points to local host
> *** Frozen ***
> The master file in /var/named for this domain is identical to three other
> domains on the box which are happily accepting mail, and exim.conf
> does have local_domains = DOMAIN.NAME. Any ideas?
> Exim version is 2.05 #1.
Exim is treating the messages as if they *don't* appear in local_domains,
so first check:
- Are you running Exim as a daemon? If so, make sure you stop & restart it.
- Is the spelling really really right, and the local_domains setting in
the right section (near the top) of exim.conf, and do you really have
only one local_domains setting?
- Are you sure Exim is using the config file you think it's using?
You can verify that Exim is reading the correct value for local_domains
by running as root
# exim -bP local_domains
There is a generic router option called "self" that you can use to force
Exim to accept itself as an MX for domains not listed in local_domains,
but you shouldn't use it - find and fix the problem you have, rather than
working around it and introducing a potential DOS weakness.
Finally, once a message is frozen it stays that way until you change
it (unless you have used the auto_thaw option in exim.conf), so
even once things are working OK you'll have to use something like
# exim -M <message-id> ....
to place them back in the delivery queue.
"Oh - I - you know - my job is to fear everything." - Bill Gates in Denmark