Exim: more than 10 messages received in one connection

I am trying to get Exim 2.05 working correctly on my system. Everything
seems to be OK, so far, except that when I get more than 10 messages the
remaining messages are queued and the Exim log files report:

no immediate delivery: more than 10 messages received in one connection

I have just been trawling through the documentation at www.exim.org, and
reading the docs on my system, and I cannot see how to set this figure
much higher. Because I am on a few mailing lists I regularly get 100+
emails.

BTW, I receive mail from my IP's POP3 mailbox using fetchmail, and have
a .forward file set up so that the messages are handled by exim.

Does anyone know the line I need to add to my exim.conf file?

Thanks.

--
Phillip Deackes