Re: I need a truley interactive chat script for PPP

Jay writes:
> chat doesn't seem to be powerful enough.  I can use SAY or REPORT to see
> the challenge, but chat doesn't seem to provide a way to key in a number
> interactively.

> Any thoughts?

Several.  You could use something like expect or perl or bash instead of
chat.  Anything that can read stdin and write stdout will do.  There is an
example using expect in /usr/doc/ppp/examples/scripts/secure-card.  You
could also make use of the fact that recent versions of chat can read
environment variables and can read passwords and such from a file or pipe.
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org