Re: SMC EzCard 10/100

yeah, pain in the ass..

i had problems on 486s getting the network to communicate _at all_ i knew
the nics were good and they were detected but i always got 100% packet
loss for unknown reasons, and i had a p100 that failed after a few minutes
using a pci NIC but runs for months with an ISA nic.  the eepros have been
good to me too although im not an intel fan and i try to avoid their stuff
whenever possible, the 3com 3c905C failed eventually last night too:( it
worked for a while in my k6-2(never tested the driver but the lights on
the switch came on) when i slapped it into my i440BX/Celeron system, no
lights on the switch(although i got lights on my hub when i plugged it
in..) tried it in the k6-2 again and it still didn't work! ack so i had to
put an eepro100 back in my celery box and lights came on even when the
machine wasn't powered up! (which was weird)

pisses me off, damn network stuff, i wish they'd get a standard like the
VGA card makers did(VESA?) everything is splintering in the network
world.  sucks.

nate