Re: SMC EzCard 10/100

hello (the other nate)

i have one of those cards as well, and it works great in linux, just make
sure to use a recent kernel or you will have to manually update the
driver.

http://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/linux/drivers/rtl8139.html

There are too many vendors selling RTL8139 boards to list them all. The
RTL8139 and RTL8139A chips have the ability to load a different PCI Vendor
and Device ID from the EEPROM. Combined with a unique chip label, some
boards give the appearance of being new and unique chips. Identified chips
that fall into this category are

   Accton MPX5030 series (relabeled RTL8139)
   SMC 1211TX (relabeled RTL8139)

only his newer drivers can see the relabled chips.. one weird thing, i
have a 3COM 3C905B that _refuses_ to work with a linksys 10/100 switch,
today i swapped it for a 3COM 3C905C and it appears to work
fine! wtf! damn 3com..

nate