Re: wmsound: Error on Play Event

Hi,

write(2, "Error on Play Event\n", 20Error on Play Event

Not sure if your problem is very simple, but I've seen this
message when 1) the sound set for the event does not exist
and 2) when the /dev/dsp device is open by some other process
maybe it was wmscope.

I'm not sure what your situation is.  Do you have a /dev/dsp
device?  Does it work with "wavp some_file.wav" for instance?
(Assuming you have the wavp program from the wave tools package).

It has been some time since I setup my sounds, but I would
look in the ~/GNUstep/Defaults/WMSound file (you do have one
right?) for sounds that are specified but do not exist.  I also
don't remember if I compiled wmsound myself or not.  In any case
I have included my file, in case it helps get you going.  I
grabbed a bunch of sounds from the net, so replace with your
names as needed...

debian:~# more GNUstep/Defaults/WMSound

{
 SoundPath = ("~/GNUstep/Library/WindowMaker/Sounds",
             "/usr/share/WindowMaker/Sounds",
             "/jm/openstepsounds/OpenSTEP.Sounds/Sounds");

 SoundSetsPath = ("~/GNUstep/Library/WindowMaker/SoundSets",
             "/usr/share/WindowMaker/SoundSets");

 Device = /dev/dsp;

 Startup = startup.wav;
 AppStart = Rooster.wav;