wmsound: Error on Play Event

Hi,

I tried compiling and running wmsound 0.9.4 for window maker 0.20.3-5
on Slink, kernel 2.0.36.  I compiled wmsound against the latest
libProplist, but I get the following errors from strace:

write(2, "Error on Play Event\n", 20Error on Play Event
)   = 20
write(3, "+\0\1\0", 4)                  = 4
read(3, "\1\2\23\0\0\0\0\0\2\0@\2\0\0\0\0"..., 32) = 32
ioctl(3, FIONREAD, [0])                 = 0
read(3, 0xbffff330, 32)                 = -1 EAGAIN (Resource
temporarily unavailable)
select(4, [3], NULL, NULL, NULL

Can anyone shed some light?

TIA