Re: device ttyS0 is locked by pid 5237

is anything running on PID 5237 ? if not did you try erasing the lock
file, usually /var/lock/LCK..ttyS0 and try dialing again ? the kernel
message:

Serial driver version 4.27 with no serial options enabled

is normal, that is not a problem(unless your serial ports require options,
i have never encountered any that did)

nate