Re: must squid.conf be world-readable?

In article <cistron.XFMail.20000103230803.pollywog@shadypond.com>,
Pollywog  <pollywog@shadypond.com> wrote:
>It appears as though squid.conf has to be world-readable.
>Is that in fact the case?

Well no, I don't think the squid config file needs to be world
readable. You might want to at least chgrp it to the "proxy" group
and give read access to the group so that squid can read the file
when you tell it to re-read it's config (I'm not sure if it is
running as "root" or as "proxy:proxy" at that time).

>It is true of Junkbuster, that the configs have to
>be world-readable.

Well readable for the user that Junkbuster runs at, you could do
the same as I outlined above (give read-access to the group only)

Mike.
--
There's a lot to be said for not saying a lot.
Reply to the list or to miquels@cistron.nl (Miquel van Smoorenburg)