TeX

Hi,

	I've been using TeX at work for a few weeks now.  Last week I got a
new computer and installed 2.1 on it (same as was on the old box).  As far
as I can tell, I have all the appropriate tetex packages in place.  TeX no
longer works, though.  When I try to run tex on a .tex file, I get the
following error:

	This is TeX, Version 3.14159 (Web2C 7.2)
	I can't find the format file `tex.fmt'!

The tetex docs say to run the command `texconfig init' in such a case.  When
I run it I get tons of output, including the following excerpts:

	[...]
	Beginning to dump on file tex.fmt
	 (format=tex 1999.12.30)
	[...]
	No pages of output.
	Transcript written on tex.log
	[...]

The command continues to run producing similar output concerning latex and
metafont.  However, the file tex.fmt is nowhere to be found on my file
system.  Maybe the line "No pages of output." explains that.  I thought I
could get some answers from the transcript in tex.log, but that file appears
not to have been written anywhere either.

Anybody know what I have done wrong on this new computer, or more
positively, how I can back to writing documentation with TeX ?

Thanks,

Gerald Crimp