Help with ethernet printer

I have a Xerox 4520mp printer.  It has a nic card onboard.  I have it
connected to my local network.  It is a postscript printer.  I am
trying to set it up under debian.  I can't seem to get it to work.

I added the printer to the host file.  I installed the lpr package (so I
am assuming that is working okay, not sure how to check).

I installed magic filter, because someone recommended it.  I went
through
its' setup but I don't know if it's working or not, and I didn't
understand
some of the questions it asked, and I didn't see my printer listed or
just a standard post script printer.

I then went about trying to configure my printcap file manually, but
I'm a little confused about all the settings it needed.

Here's what I have in it:

lp|x4520mp|Xerox 4520mp:\
        :sd=/var/spool/x4520mp:\
        :rm=jchawk5:\
        :rp=x4520mp_4:\
        :sh=:

I get an error upon trying to print that says "lpr:connect:No such file
or directory"
I am printing under netscape with the command lpr -P x4520mp
where x4520mp is my printer name.

Please does anyone know how to make this work?  Or can you tell
me what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks:    Joe
	   jchawk@sgi.net