Monitoring eth0 with wmnet

Hello,

I am trying (unsuccessfuly) to monitor the ethernet traffic from
my laptop using wmnet.

It looks like it is only set up to handle ppp traffic.  I dont
have a modem handy, so cant test it on ppp (can I?).

Here is the output of my failed attempts:

# wmnet -x 10000000 -l
wmnet: using pppstats driver to monitor ppp0

# wmnet -x 10000000 -l --device eth0
wmnet: using pppstats driver to monitor eth0

# wmnet -x 10000000 -l -D devstats
wmnet: driver devstats not appropriate for this machine

# wmnet -x 10000000 -l --device devstats
wmnet: using pppstats driver to monitor devstats

I believe this third command give the problem.  Is there any way
I can get wmnet to detect my ethernet flow?

Thanks for any help,
Johnny.
begin:vcard
n:Stevenson;John
tel;fax:+31 20 34 22 820
tel;work:+31 20 34 22 820
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:www.oa.nl
org:OA Europe
version:2.1
email;internet:John@oa.nl
title:Senior Consultant
adr;quoted-printable:;;Objective Alliance=0D=0AHoghilweg 14L;Amsterdam;Zoud Oust;1101 CD;Nederlands
x-mozilla-cpt:;-11328
fn:John  Stevenson
end:vcard