Unidentified subject!

> It should be /dev/fd0, not /dev/floppy0
>
> > I just tried to mount a floppy for the first time since
/dev/MAKEDEV
> > upgrade broke my box awhile back, and I get the message:
> >
> >     mount: special device /dev/floppy0 does not exist

---end quoted text---

>Agreed, but that's the error I get when I enter "mount >/floppy/vfat"
>and
>"mount /floppy/minix".  (Entries in fstab support >both)
>--
I think you are mixing up the mount point and the device.
/floppy/vfat or /floppy/minux would be the mount point.  These
directories exist on your root partition. (If they don't the mount will
fail!)  The device is still /dev/fd0.  So to mount the floppy once it
is formated the command is "mount /dev/fd0 /floppy/vfat -t vfat"
This says " mount the floppy in device /dev/fd0 on  the mount point
/floppy/vfat expecting the vfat file system on the diskette.
===
Amateur Radio, when all else fails!

http://www.qsl.net/wa2mze

Debian Gnu Linux, Live Free or .....