Re: [Exim] Re: EXIM, Help stop relaying spam

On Wed, 4 Aug 1999, Philip Hazel wrote:

> That is incorrect.
>
> > It will not relay _FOR_ anyone who lists the exim host as an MX for
> > their domain; it will relay _TO_ anyone who lists the exim host as an
> > MX for their domain. This is a siginificant difference.
>
> That is correct. Relaying _FOR_ is controlled by hosts, not domains.
> Typically: relay for any host on my local network.

Great! I do not know where that thought came from, it seems that it comes
from some conversation a long time ago on either the exim or smail mailing
list. It is possible I got a smail conversation confused with an exim
conversation and it might have been a discussion about a proposed behavior
and not one that was actually put into practice.