Re: Sound error: Couldn't allocate DMA buffer

On Wed, Aug 04, 1999 at 12:49:04PM +0200, Andy Spiegl wrote:

> After my system (kernel 2.2.5) is running for more than a few days,
> I can't play sounds anymore and get these syslog messages:
>
>  Aug  4 12:37:40 eule kernel: Sound error: Couldn't allocate DMA buffer

You might try flushing DMA memory with a program like this:

#include <stdlib.h>
int main()
{
        calloc(100*1024*1024,1);
	return 0;
}

Note that this callocs 100Mb, so if you have much less memory on your
machine, adjust accordingly.

--
Michael E. Touloumtzis
Computer Associates International