Support, cu and lp0

Salutations,

I purchased the official debian package and thought that by registering I'd get the E-Mail address for my free support. Didn't happen. How does this work?

Meanwhile I have two problems:

1. When I use "cu" I get a "pppd permission denied" message. wvdial works fine to my ISP but to login to Sun I need access to the remote console before I start ppp. (BTW: This worked flawlessly on Slackware and Caldera)

2. When I run "checkpc" I get a message indicating that /dev/lp0 is not configured. /dev/lp0 is present with the correct major and minor numbers. What kind of configure does it mean and how do I do it? Why didn't the package configure this when I installed it?

thanks,
Julian