Re: Linux freezing up

On Tue, 3 Aug 1999, Wim Kerkhoff wrote:
> On 03-Aug-99 Mark Wagnon wrote:

> Has anyone else had problems with AMD being less stable than Intel?

 I had some initial problems with my system, but it appears that a
particular brand of DIMMS didn't like my ASUS P5A motherboard. Once I
exchanged it for different chips, it's been rock solid.

 ASUS P5A motherboard, AMD K6-II/400, 128MB RAM, not overclocked.

 Sincerely,

 Ray Ingles          (248) 377-7735      ray.ingles@fanucrobotics.com

  "Something can be comprehensible, even comprehended, and still be
             marvelous, wonderful, and valuable." - Me