Re: xemacs in color in rxvt

Yep, every POSIX shell will respond "console" on VCs and "xterm-debian"
with Debian xterm--Xterms actually run a shell on top of 'em, so they'll
respond with the terminal type as well.  It's part of the POSIX standard
that terminal type gets stored in TERM.

On Tue, 3 Aug 1999, Stephen Pitts wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 03, 1999 at 12:05:03AM -0600, John Galt wrote:
> >
> > BTW any POSIX shell and termcap system will respond the same to a "echo
> > $TERM", HTH
> >

> Even inside of an xterm? My xterms give me 'xterm-debian' and on a virtual
> console, I get 'linux'.
> --
> Stephen Pitts
> smpitts@midsouth.rr.com
> webmaster - http://www.mschess.org

The Internet must be a medium for it is neither Rare nor Well done!