Re: Linux freezing up

On Tue, 3 Aug 1999, Stephan Hachinger wrote:

> > modem, and masquarading for the rest of the network.  I could ping it from
> > win95 box, and 'see' the Internet through it.  I couldn't telnet/ftp into
> it
> > though, only ping and masq.

Of course, upon further review by the replay official my previous message
makes a little less sense since I suggest using telnet.

Anyway, what is the error message you get?  Timeout, connection refused,
or does it accept the connection and then just not do anything?

Even so, I still think it is a software issue and not a hardware one.