Re: [Kernel 2.2.10] Figuring out module-parameters

Peter Ross <petdr@cs.mu.OZ.AU> writes:

[...]

> If you want to load modules at boot time you need to edit the file
> /etc/modules.

Isn't that one superseded by /etc/conf.modules?

Or where does it get into the picture? I'm not on my Linux-box now so
I can't look around (supposed to work...).

> For instance adding the line below add my network card to the kernel
>
> ne io=0x300 irq=5
>
> The files in /etc/modutils are used to construct the conf.modules file.
> That file is used by modprobe, which is used by kmod (the 2.2 series
> auto module includer)

My /etc/modules only contains "ne" and my /etc/modutils/ethernet
contains "ne iq=??? irq=???" (??=don't remember) etc. and it works. Is
/etc/modules some list of available modules or how does it "interact"
with /etc/conf.modules?

--
( Jonas Steverud  @  www.dtek.chalmers.se/~d4jonas/ !    Wei Wu Wei    )
( U2MoL, Roleplaying, LaTeX, Emacs/Gnus, SCWM, etc. ! To Do Without Do )