Re: [Kernel 2.2.10] Mount complains about msdos-drive

Matthew Dalton <matthewd@research.canon.com.au> writes:

> Jonas,
> I don't think that your dos partition would be on /dev/hda2.

Then how come I have been able to access my dos-partion for about two
and a half year mounting /dev/hda2 as /msdos? ;->

root%  mount -t msdos /dev/hda2 /msdos -o noexec,ro,nosuid,blocksize=1024,auto

Works with kernel 2.0.3[3,5] so don't think I need to check my
partions. As stated in other mail: I think the problem was that
fat-support wasn't included in the kernel (or I forgot to load that
module which is more likely).

> Dos fdisk only lets you have two primary partions,

Used OS/2's fdisk and boot manager if that matters.

--
( Jonas Steverud  @  www.dtek.chalmers.se/~d4jonas/ !    Wei Wu Wei    )
( U2MoL, Roleplaying, LaTeX, Emacs/Gnus, SCWM, etc. ! To Do Without Do )