Unidentified subject!

Hi,

My Debian system is getting to have so many packages installed
that backing it up is becoming difficult.  Ideally I'd like to
only back up the files which I can't restore by re-installing
the packages.

Does anyone have a scheme or suggestions for backing up:
	* all files
	* except those that are part of Debian packages
	* but including those files that have been modified from
          the distribution version
	* and including those files that are dpkg-divert'd
	* and state information of which packages are installed
          so the same ones can be installed again?

I currently back up to a removable SparQ disk.  I use 'tob' but
am not adverse to switching to another program.

Thank you for any help or suggestions,
--
Brett Wuth  wuth@acm.org wuth@telusplanet.net bwuth@cuug.ab.ca
Box 1251-U, Pincher Creek, Alberta T0K 1W0, CANADA  Tel:+1 403 627-2460