Re: off topic - Assembler using GCC

INT 10h is the video BIOS - I want to set the video mode directly.

By using INT 10h I don't have to learn and programme the card registers -
the BIOS takes care of this.

Why is the video bios not available from protected mode ?

Does this mean that making superfast graphics (as in DOS "demo's") is out
of the question ?

Ivan.