Re: Do you still need screensavers these days?

>> With modern power-saving BIOSes, the thing can even turn the monitor
>> off (and power down the computer) if you've been away too long, saving
>> electricity and wear on your system.
>
> 	Great! This is what I did in Windoze. But how do I do it in Linux?
> Is there any kind of software that does this??

The X-Server can do that, it depends on which server you use and which
graphics card.

I've got some lines in my XF86Config like:

Section "Device"
   Identifier      "Primary Card"
   VendorName      "Unknown"
   BoardName       "ATI Xpert@Work, 3D Rage Pro"
   Option          "power_saver" #use power_saver

EndSection
Section "Screen"
   Driver          "Accel"
   Device          "Primary Card"