Re: Where is kernel 2.2.0?

On 02 Feb 1999q, Gary L. Hennigan wrote:

> 'Fraid I can't help you with that. I usually just download the raw
> kernel source and use make-kpkg to get a kernel-image*.deb. I've never
> had a need to build the kernel-source and kernel-headers
> packages. You'll have to rely on one of the maintainers of those
> packages to answer that question.

What is the point of doing this? I've always compiled my own kernels from
source, in both RedHat and Debian, and never felt the need to use either
.rpm or .deb versions. Perhaps it's because I don't use lilo but prefer
loadlin.

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell  -  running Linux Debian 2.0
acampbell@achc.demon.co.uk  http://www.achc.demon.co.uk

"The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
Moves on..."   - Edward Fitzgerald (Rubaiat of Omar Khayyam)