Re: setserial question

On 02 Feb 1999q, Carey Evans wrote:
> Anthony Campbell <acampbell@achc.demon.co.uk> writes:
>
> > 	"Use of setserial/setrocket to get SPD_* flags is deprecated"
> >
> > This seems to be said more in sorrow than in anger, since the process then
> > goes off correctly. But what does it mean, and what can I do about it?
>
> It probably means your version of setserial (or maybe dip) is old.
> Try downloading the one from slink (frozen) and see if it will work
> without any complaints:
>
>     # dpkg -i setserial_what-ever.deb
>
> It would be a good idea to have the old package around in case this
> doesn't work.

I tried this but it didn't help. I wish I knew what SPD_* flags are and
where they are set.

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell  -  running Linux Debian 2.0
acampbell@achc.demon.co.uk  http://www.achc.demon.co.uk

"The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
Moves on..."   - Edward Fitzgerald (Rubaiat of Omar Khayyam)