Re: Goodbye, people!

On Tue, Feb 02, 1999 at 08:30:35PM -0500, Randy Edwards wrote:

>    Gee, that sounds familiar! ;-)
>
>    Yes, Linux's learning curve is pretty steep, and you can't just overwhelm
> the system either (at least I can't!).  You're taking the right tack -- you
> have to relax, plug away, keep trying, and savor every little victory; after,
> of course, making backup copies of your config files in case you screw
> something up!  You wouldn't believe how many "*.conf.good" files used to
> litter my hard drives. ;-)

I've been using it for years (and am a developer); I still do that sort of
thing :-)

There'are always something new.  Lately, I've learned a lot about DNS and
anti-spam in sendmail.  Someday I want to learn enough to hack on the kernel
in a proficient manner.   Of course, by that time, there will probably be
hundreds of new programs just waiting for me to learn about :-)