Re: XFree86 Almost Working...

Thanks for the suggestions so far. I think I am making some progress. I
think the card settings are now OK I suspect the problem is the Dell D1028LR
17" monitor. I've noticed that at the resolution I desire (1024x768)
XF86Setup isn't appending "-hsync -vsync" which seems common in many of the
example Modelines. If I try adding this myself manually to /etc/XF86Config
things seem to work better.
However in my monitor manual and on the Dell website it implies I should use
positive sync for this resolution for the factory preset setting. If I try
+hsync+vsync it does the same as omitting the lines. Could anyone explain
what is going on here?
Any help would be gratefully received
Ian Winter