Re: Network Installtion problem.

1. Check the output of the command 'dmesg'. Look for text that pertains
to your network card.  If 'dmesg' shows that the drivers loaded
successfully goto step 3.
If 'dmesg' did not show anything look at the output of 'lsmod'. Look for
the module names '8390' and 'ne'.

2. If the modules are not listed, then try

	insmod 8390	<-- This module must be loaded before the ne module.
	insmod ne

and see if these two modules load. If they load, try the ifconfig stuff
below. If they do not load, you need to compile your own kernel.

3. Try configuring the card by hand using ifconfig?

	ifconfig eth0 up
or
	ifconfig eth0 <put.your.ip.address_here> netmask <netmask.here>

Hope this helps,

--
Paul Miller
pmiller@jove.acs.unt.edu