Network Installtion problem.

I hope someone can help me.

I can't get my network card working and as the CDRom is on another machine I cannot install the packages until I can get an ftp connection between the Linux machine and NT server.

When I installed the base system the network card that I have, installed properly as a ne200 compatible, it even came up when I ran ifconfig under the shell from the installation menu.

When I rebooted the into Linux the network card had disappeared.  I only get the loopback when I run ifconfig.

I am a newbie to Linux and hope that someone can solve this problem, I have been searching through the debian archives and other sources for this answer.

I had problems with installing RedHat onto the machine and gave up in the end, so it could be a problem with the machine.  The strange thing is that it configured and displayed in the installation, but won't when it is running.

Tom..