[Fwd: Installing debian with Win98]

--- Begin Message --- (please excuse the non-use of Linux vocabulary)
I've got Windows 98 running on an 840 meg drive (c:) and drive d: as one big 6 gig drive to be divided up shortly.  I had a problem trying to load linux at the beginning of the d: drive and gave up for now needing the computer for other things.  I am about ready to try installing Linux again.
  1. 1.  Has anyone gotten Linux and Win98 working on the same machine?
          2.  In the event something goes wrong, can I just remove what I've done and have
                Win98 still intact?

          3.  Will the earth explode at 12:00:01 jan 1st 2000?

What happened to me was this;

I was running OS/2 and doing ok.  I decided to try Linux seeing as OS/2 is pretty much dropping any kind of appreation for home users and I don't like Gates.  For my classes at college I decided I needed Windows (seeing as everything they use is windows based so far).  I decided to put windows on c:, already had OS/2 on E:, and was going to put Linux on D: (boot) & F; with G: being an all around fat drive, using the boot manager that came with OS/2. (C: and D: being on the 840 meg drive, E: F: and G: being on the 6gig.  Couldn't get it to work, and like I said, I needed the computer.

On installation of Windows98 It saw I had a boot manager and gave me 2 choises, erase the boot manager or stop installation.  I decided I had to do it and erased the boot manager and dumped my OS/2.

I'd still like to get both windows and Linux running on the same machine.
--- End Message ---