Re: [Solved] Re: syslog and hostname ?

I see someone already replied to you on this, but didn't explain it.

You had to switch localhost and aphro in the hosts file because when it
looks like this:

127.0.0.1	localhost	aphro

It's saying that the machine at 127.0.0.1 is REALLY localhost, but it has
an ALIAS of aphro.  Since your resolver is set to use /etc/hosts (you CAN
turn that off...) it thinks that the machine at 127.0.0.1 is localhost.

If you flop them around, it'll think the machine is aphro, and the programs
looking for localhost will still be able to "find" the machine as localhost
is the alias...

Hope that's right, I'm sure someone will fix my wagon (i.e. I'm wearing the
flame-retardant Fruit O' the Looms today).