Re: (fqdn) hostname resolution when using DHCP

    a>
    a> make sure that the windows box and the linux box are pointed at
    a> the same DNS. that is if the windows box is using DNS.
    a>

The DNS nameserver IP address that the Debian box is getting is
different from the DNS NS IP address that my NT box is set
to. Strange. I think that the NT box has its DNS NS ip address manually
set while the Debian box is getting that info via DHCP (and
automatically put into /etc/resolve.conf).

Could this be a case of the DHCP server treating Windows clients
differently than non-Windows clients ? Majority of the DHCP clients at
our place are Windoze boxes.

--
Salman Ahmed
ssahmed AT pathcom DOT com