RE: Cloning machine

>>I have a Debian based machine I need to clone; ...
>>I put a blank IDE drive as primary slave in the machine to clone and did:
>>    dd if=hda of=hdb
>>...The BIOS saw the disk but gave some
>>hex numbers and refused to boot. LILO never seemed to start; ...

Thanks to all (Andrei, Jules, Igor and Erik) for the suggestions and help.

As it turned out, for some reason the BIOS refused to boot these disks if it
was told to auto detect them at startup (no matter how they were created).
Everything works just fine if I set the BIOS to User and enter the disk's
geometry. Very odd.

Thanks again,
Harley