Re: (fqdn) hostname resolution when using DHCP

you could add a domain to a DNS in your local network so that works, or
what is probably easier is look for the lmhosts file on the windows box
(use find) it may be called lmhosts.sam or some shit, add the ip and the
names there, it seems to be window's version of /etc/hosts.  you may have
to rename the lmhosts.sam file or copy it, i forget what it supposed to be
and what its supposed to be named i just keep playing with it till it
works.

and it does work ..

nate