Re: apache+mod_ssl under firewall

best thing to do (what id do) is enable kernel firewall logging and turn
on logging for your firewall, then examine the logs when you try to
connect and see what is going on ..

nate

On Wed, 29 Dec 1999, Mario Olimpio de Menezes wrote:

mario >
mario >Hi,
mario >
mario >	I've set a site for webmail using apache+mod_ssl under a firewall.
mario >	The proper port is opened in the firewall (443 and 80) but every
mario >time I try to connect from an outside machine I get a network error.
mario >	If I clear the firewall rules, everything is ok!
mario >	btw, all other stuffs are working fine (mail, ftp, ssh, dns,
mario >http). Only https has this problem.
mario >	Should I open another port in the firewall? Is there any special
mario >config need to run mod_ssl under firewalls?
mario >	Also, from internal machines, everything is ok with https.
mario >
mario >[]s,
mario >Mario O.de Menezes            "Many are the plans in a man's heart, but
mario >    IPEN-CNEN/SP                 is the Lord's purpose that prevails"
mario >http://curiango.ipen.br/~mario                 Prov. 19.21
mario >                   http://www.revistalinux.com.br
mario >
mario >