Re: oracle 8.0.5 and glibc2.1 segfaults

On Wed, Dec 29, 1999 at 17:38, Robert Varga wrote:

> > You need to patch the Oracle binaries to get 8.0.5 running on
> > glibc-2.1 based systems.  Please follow
> > <http://jordan.fortwayne.com/oracle/rh6x.html> for details.
>
> It is not clear which packages should I install in debian since it is for
> redhat.

You don't need to install any debian packages but follow parts of the
instructions.  From rh6x.html:

   13) At this point, you will need to download glibcpatch.tgz, which you
   can get via FTP. Make a directory in your oracle user home directory
   for this patch file, the go and download it:
     * mkdir ~/orapatch
     * cd ~/orapatch
     * ftp ftp.oracle.com (log in as anonymous)
     * cd /pub/www/otn/linux
     * get glibcpatch.tgz
     * quit

and

   Now we can proceed with all the Post-install stuff.

   Patching your binaries
   Unless you apply this patch, your binaries will core-dump when you run
   them. Do NOT apply this patch until you have installed the software
   above.

   1) Change to the directory where you downloaded your patch.
     * cd ~/orapatch

   2) Extract the patch.
     * tar -xvzf glibcpatch.tgz

   3) Run the script.
     * sh glibcpatch.sh

   4) As with everything else, the wait could be an hour or more on
   slower machines. When the script finishes, you will get a message
   saying "Applied glibc patch for Oracle 8.0.5.x successfully."

HTH,
Remco

--
grenade Desi Bouterse uzi explosion Honduras technology Rule Psix kazerne
DES SFOR AK-47 colonel RAF RSA VX POUM IDEA PSUC triple-DES semtex genetic