From: Jim Wild [mailto:jwild@xtra.co.nz]
Sent: Thursday, 30 December 1999 02:24
To: debian-user@list.debian.org
Subject: Infiltration by Y2K hoodlums

Question?

Do we need some sort of coded auto-recognition to accompany our email
to this forum for the next few weeks? Something that would allow us to
feel secure enough to open the email sourced within the group?
Or am I being paranoid and the debian-user@list.debian.org has not been
infiltrated by one of the Y2000-Trojan/Virus-Tontine

I for one would feel safest if all email to the forum came via one authenticated
source (eg the webmaster).

May we all live in uninteresting times for the next few weeks.....

Jim

Jim Wild - T/A Wildcard Systems
Purveyors to the Discerning
13 Marendellas Drive