FTP Installation Instructions

	I would like to begin downloading Debian Linux but I remain a little
puzzled as to how this procedure really works. I have RedHat 6.1 on an old
P133 (64MB) 1 GB system at home I can play around with. The RedHat install
works fine and we use the same release at work where I am a unix admin for
HPUX & AIX systems. However, for reasons I can't really explain, I would
like to delve deeper into Linux and begin working with current builds - a
yearning likely to yield as much grief as pleasure, but I can't help myself.
	With RedHat I have always used the boot floppy and the cdrom. That's fairly
simple nowadays, but one remains dependent on the prepackaged releases and I
end up with a very generic installation. That's functional enough, but its
boring. I imagine performing installs off the web will require a little more
Linux savvy, which is agreeable enough. So my question is, assuming I start
from the 6.1 platform I have, how would I go about downloading and
converting to the most recent / stable Debian release? By asking that I
don't really expect anyone to lead me through the process step by step and I
have read through at least some of the installation documentation on the web
site.  However, in spite of that, I remain unclear where I deposit the
Debian ftp download and how I initiate the installation. Do I create a boot
floppy and point it to a installation directory? Can someone point me to
some documentation that addresses installing from a ftp download?

Hagen Finley
Longs Drugs
Walnut Creek, CA