Re: /dev/ttyS2 port not accessible

do you have a soundcard?  many soundcards (esp soundblaster) use irq5, are
you sure there are no conflicts with anything on that serial port?

nate

On 23 Dec 1999, Bostjan JERKO wrote:

Bostja >Acctualy if using default kernel for Debian 2.1 (I think 2.0.36) everything works fine.
Bostja >I didn't even start using the port since I need to change it's IRQ to 5 I used setserial and
Bostja >received the message about busy port.
Bostja >Let me add that I don't have any additional serial cards. This port is used for internal modem.
Bostja >
Bostja >B.
Bostja >
Bostja >
Bostja >
Bostja >
Bostja >
Bostja >nate@firetrail.com on 22.12.99 04:31:00 PM
Bostja >To:	Bostjan JERKO/si/socgen@socgen
Bostja >cc:	debian-user@lists.debian.org@internet
Bostja >Subject:	Re: /dev/ttyS2 port not accessible
Bostja >