Re: What happened?

On Wed, Dec 22, 1999 at 09:24:54AM +0000, Ed Cogburn wrote:
> Rob Hensley wrote:
> >
> > Hmm...how come this list was so active up until the time that I sent out
> > my post to it? I was hopein' to get an answer sometime soon if possible,
> > could some please help. At least answer someone elses post so I know that
> > I'm still on the lists and it's still going. My question again for all of
> > you that didn't read "Help with installed packages..." is:
> >
> > I was just wondering if there was a way I could find
> > out every package (all the thing's I've used apt-get to install...not the
> > base packages) installed on my computer. I'm running slink on a
> > 486/33 with 12mb ram...with kernel 2.0.38. Please respond soon. Thanks!
>

> 	As long as dpkg is not in a broken state:  "dpkg --list".
>
> 	man dpkg

Just to follow up on the rest of the question. There's no way to tell
which packages you installed with apt-get.  In the end, dpkg does the
installation and there's no differentiation between whether you used
apt-get, dselect, dftp, or bare dpkg. All you can find out is what's
installed, available, and broken.
| Eric G. Miller                        egm2@jps.net |
| GnuPG public key: http://www.jps.net/egm2/gpg.asc  |