Diald throttles bandwidth?

Problem:
	Diald seems to throttle my bandwidth when comparing download
	speeds of a diald connection vs. a straight pppd connection.

Details:
	I set up a LAN at my house so my roomies could connect to the
	internet on my dialup account for web browsing, etc.  However,
	when I tested the connection, I noticed a 25% drop in bandwidth
	rates when compared to a straight pppd connection to the same ISP.
	What might be the problem here?

	Everything in the pppd config was mirrored in the diald config
	where it applied.  MTU/MRU settings were the standard 1500 and the
	requested connection speed was set to 115200.  The same chatscript
	was used, and pppd was executed from the connect script with the
	options listed in-line.

	Nothing seems out of place, and the connection goes up just fine.

	Any ideas?

Chad Walstrom                         mailto:chewie@wookimus.net
a.k.a ^chewie, gunnarr               http://wookimus.net/~chewie

   Gnupg = B4AB D627 9CBD 687E 7A31  1950 0CC7 0B18 206C 5AFD