Re: Help with installed packages...

zoid@yooniks.org (Rob Hensley) wrote:
>Hi, This is my first time using this mailing list, and I'm also still
>pretty new to linux.  I was just wondering if there was a way I could find
>out every package (all the thing's I've used apt-get to install...not the
>base packages) installed on my computer.

'dpkg --get-selections' will do the job for you. You may want to
redirect this to a file (append '> filename-of-your-choice') or pipe it
through a pager (append '| less').

Hope that helps,

--
Colin Watson                                           [cjw44@cam.ac.uk]
Trinity College, Cambridge, and Computer Science         [riva.ucam.org]