Re: IP

> when i connect using ppp and get a dynamic IP as 195.243.107.221 i can
> not make a telnet to me from another machine
>
> from another machine (cenected using eth0) i can ping to the machine
> using ppp, but when i try to make a telnet to the ppp machine i always
> get the following:

Machine A: connected through ppp
Machine B: connected through ethernet

What's the IP# of the machine b?

> trying 195.243.107.221
> telnet: unable to conect to remote host: no route to host

This means that machine b doesn't know how to get to the IP# you
specified.  What does the network topology look like?

> my IP always gives me a dynamic IP as 195.243.107.xxx
>
> the gateway is: 195.243.104.1
>
> i can make outbound services: web, ftp, email (out and in), etc

Outbound from machine a, I presume.

> but i need inbound access to that machine with ppp
>
> where is the failure? in my end? with my ISP?
>
> i believe that the IP of the gateway is reserved,

Of sorts: the IP of the gateway has to be unique on the network it's
connected to, the Internet in this case.

> and that the IP given to me are C class,

It is.

> does this have some influence?

It shouldn't.

> is possible to make a telnet to my machine using these IPs ?

Not without knowing more about the network topology.

Phil Brutsche					pbrutsch@creighton.edu

universe. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein