Re: Setting Path ENV variable

Ok... where is .bash_profile for root supposed to be located?  I've got one
for a user ("jimmy") I've created in /home/jimmy/.bash_profile and another
one in /etc/skel/.bash_profile.  Edit the /etc/skel one or create a new one
in /etc?

So is there no need for .bashrc under Debian as described by the O'Reilly
book?

What happens if I've already set /etc/profile to the path I want and it
still truncates it with just the default entries?  Is that a no-no (adding
custom path entries to /etc/profile)?

TIA
Andy

----------
> From: Wayne Topa <wtopa@dmcom.net>
> To: Debian Users <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
> Subject: Re: Setting Path ENV variable
> Date: Tuesday, December 21, 1999 2:27 PM
>

> 	Subject: Re: Setting Path ENV variable
> 	Date: Sun, Dec 19, 1999 at 09:24:37PM -0800

> Quoting Andy Thomas(andyth@postalzone.com):
> >| ok.. I've found the .bashrc in /root and put the path statement into
there.
> >|  Yet is still gives only the standard path (login and type: set).  Are
> >| there multiple places where this needs to be set?
> >|
> >| The syntax is:

PATH="/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/bin/x11:/usr/code/c/util:/usr/code/c