Re: priority of sources.list entries

On Mon, Dec 20, 1999 at 11:24:42AM +0100, Peter Weiss wrote
> Hello Debian,
>
>     Is there a way to tell apt to install a package from one medium prior to
>     another? I'd like packages available on CD to be installed using the CD
>     even if they're available by http entry.
>
>         Thanks for hints -- Peter

My understanding is that if the same package is available from two (or more)
sources then apt uses the one listed first in /etc/apt/sources.list, so try
moving your other sources to below the lines that refer to yuor CDROMs.

John P.
--
huiac@camtech.net.au
john@huiac.apana.org.au