Re: MTA

Tuesday, December 21, 1999, 9:14:31 AM, Joe wrote:
>> I never liked smail or exim, and sendmail seems like overkill for a
>> small site.

> Count me in as another vote for postfix.  I used to run qmail back when
> I still ran RedHat, but switched to postfix a few months before I
> switched to Debian.

> postfix is a lot easier to configure and has the advantage of being
> designed from the beginning for security.

    Personally I think any MTA is too much of an overkill for off-line
reading/replying of email.  Personally I think the MUA should have an option
to defer the mail and then have a command-line option to have it deliver to a
configured SMTP server, supplied by the ISP, who then performs delivery from
there.  But, hey, what do I know.