Re: MTA

peter karlsson wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I'll be moving and will lose my direct Internet connection, and will have to
> resort to dial-up. To prepare for this, I am switching over to doing mail
> and news offline (slrnpull, fetchmail), but I need some ideas on what to use
> for outgoing mail. I've had sendmail die on me when I'm not connected to a
> network (not in Debian, though, haven't tried sendmail in Debian), so I
> wonder what the best setup is for outgoing mail when it is only to send mail
> when I connect to the ISP (and directly when I do that, preferrably without
> manual intervention).
>
> --
> \\//
> peter - http://www.softwolves.pp.se/

I've had no problems with Debian packaged sendmail.  The script in
/etc/ppp/ip-up.d/sendmail restarts the daemon when you connect to
your ISP, and you can have a different set-up for each ISP by
putting the config info in /etc/mail/peers/provider.  There should
be no manual intervention reqd.

--
Regards,
Paul