Re: cannot open '/dev/lp0' - 'No such device'

aphro hat gesagt: // aphro wrote:

> i had a hellva time getting printing to work..to this day i still cannot
> 'lpr filename' or 'lp filename' but printing through samba, or through
> netscape or wordperfect or staroffice works fine.. odd too because
> netscape shows the command it's using as lpr filename, and it works fine,
> but it wont do shit at the command prompt ..ohwell

We will get this fixed, too!

But we need some more info:
What printer do you use? What's your printing filter setup, do you use
magicfilter? I had some problems printing text files from the command line
until I found out, that my printer can only do postscript, not pure text.
So I had to convert every text file to PS with mpage or enscript. Maybe
yours can also only do PS.
What happens when you do "cat textfile.txt > /dev/lp0" and
"cat postcriptfil.ps > /dev/lp0" ?

bye
--
                                                 __    __