Re: FrameMaker 5.5.6 for LINUX

Syrus Nemat-Nasser <syrus@long.ucsd.edu> wrote:

> Hmmm. Framemaker is running fine on my potato system. It does not seem
> run over remote X, at least to a system running in 16 bit color depth.
> However, it certainly works under the correct set of circumstances.
> The
> problem is not with the potato libc. Also, so far the application has
> not
> crashed on me. That's surprising for any beta. I'm just not sure I
> need it
> for anything since this one cannot edit postscript files.

Syrus, could you please tell us how you got FrameMaker running? I have a
potato system, upgraded weekely using apt-get. FrameMaker will not run
at all, I get no error messages, I just get the $ prompt back again. Am
I perhaps missing some vital library? I added my license OK as described
in the text which came back with the license number.

Cheers.

--
Phillip Deackes
Debian Linux (Potato)